Before You Floor
You don’t need to bring anything with you to come and browse the selection at your local End Of The Roll store. Our flooring advisors are available to answer your questions and lead you in the right direction for all your flooring needs.
However, we know that some of our customers would like to come to our stores prepared. Here are three tips to follow to ensure you have the information you need to make the best flooring decision for your home or business.
1. Answer These Essential Flooring Questions
The answers to the following questions will help us recommend flooring products that not only work with your lifestyle but also enhance the aesthetic of the space.
- Do you have pets?
- Do you have young children?
- What colour preferences do you have for your new flooring?
- What is your budget?
- How long do you expect the flooring to last?
- Is the room above or below ground level?
- Are you going to install over existing flooring?
- Do you have underfloor (radiant) heating?
- How much traffic will this room see each day?
- Are you planning to install the flooring yourself or are you hiring a professional?
- Is the level of sound a consideration? (For instance, carpeting softens any sound, while hardwood enhances sound.)
- What is the current colour scheme in the room or space?
- What is the size of the room or space? (Lighter colours can make a room seem larger.)
- How much sunlight does the room receive?
- Are cleaning and maintenance schedules a factor in your decision?
- What type of room are you flooring? (Kitchen, bedroom, living room, den area, etc.?)
- Does this room have direct outside access?
2. Calculate Your Flooring Budget
Use the cost calculator below to determine your approximate measurements and cost of materials. Remember that this estimate does not include other materials you may need such as underlay or transition pieces, nor does it include installation, which varies in cost depending on the flooring type you select. For instance, carpet is generally less expensive to install than hardwood. Our Flooring Advisors in store will be able to give you a more specific idea about the budget required for additional expenses.
3. Conduct Online Research
Finally, browse our list of online products. While each of our stores may not have the exact products listed on this website, we do have many similar items and can always complete a special order for you if your flooring preference is not in stock.
Our Flooring Advisors can help assess your requirements and present you with excellent suggestions that you may not have considered. New products, trends, and technologies in the flooring space are evolving every year, which means the choices you had a few years ago have likely improved. Luxury vinyl is one great example of a relatively new option on the market that has numerous fantastic benefits, like exceptional durability and easy installation.