Investing in quality flooring for your home is a significant decision, and proper maintenance is essential to keep your floors looking brand new for years to come. Whether you have hardwood, tile, laminate, carpet, or vinyl flooring, following some basic maintenance tips can help extend the life of your floors and keep them looking pristine. In this blog post, we'll share tips for flooring maintenance that will help you keep your floors in top condition.
- Regular Cleaning: One of the most basic yet crucial aspects of flooring maintenance is regular cleaning. Sweep or vacuum your floors regularly to remove dirt, dust, and debris that can scratch or damage the surface. Use a soft-bristle broom or a vacuum with a hardwood or tile setting to prevent scratching.
- Wipe Up Spills Immediately: Spills can cause damage to your floors, especially hardwood and laminate. Be sure to wipe up spills immediately to prevent staining or warping. Use a soft cloth or mop and a mild cleaning solution that is recommended for your flooring type to clean up spills effectively without leaving any residue.
- Use Mats and Rugs: Place mats or rugs at entryways, high-traffic areas, and under furniture to protect your floors from dirt, grit, and wear. Mats and rugs can catch dirt and prevent it from scratching or damaging your floors. Make sure to use mats or rugs with non-slip backing to prevent slipping accidents.
- Avoid Harsh Chemicals and Abrasive Cleaners: Harsh chemicals and abrasive cleaners can damage the finish of your floors, especially hardwood, laminate, and vinyl. Avoid using these products and opt for mild, pH-neutral cleaners that are specifically designed for your flooring type.
- Use Furniture Pads: Furniture can leave scratches and dents on your floors, especially on hardwood and laminate. Use furniture pads or felt protectors under the legs of your furniture to prevent damage. Make sure to check and replace the pads regularly to prevent any dirt or debris from getting trapped underneath.
- Avoid Excessive Moisture: Excessive moisture can cause damage to many types of flooring, including hardwood, laminate, and carpet. Wipe up spills promptly, avoid using excessive water during cleaning, and use mats or rugs in wet areas like kitchens, bathrooms, and entryways to prevent moisture-related issues.
Proper flooring maintenance is essential to keep your floors looking brand new for years to come. Regular cleaning, prompt spill clean-up, using mats and rugs, avoiding harsh chemicals, using furniture pads, and avoiding excessive moisture are some of the tips for maintaining your floors. By following these tips, you can protect your flooring investment and enjoy beautiful, well-maintained floors in your home for years to come.
Laminate flooring resists stains and is easy to clean up quickly - this is why it’s a great choice for your home. However, improper cleaning methods and products can create a sticky film on your floors, leaving you with a bigger mess than you started with.
Carpets and area rugs not only play a significant role in the interior design of your home, but they also have many practical uses. The soft fibres are comfortable under-foot, help keep a room warm, and reduce noise. It’s a great choice to promote comfort in spaces such as bedrooms and living rooms.